A Cup of Tiramissu

2/12/2014
It's been a while since I really post something. I'd like to share to you my Tiramisu try out. After I tried it, I knew that Tiramisu is easy to make and almost foolproof. You could find all the ingredient easily and you didn't need much tools, an electric mixer (or even a whisk) is enough.
But after a couple try out I would say that pastry brush also kind of essential. Since the other time instead of brush the coffee to the cake, I soaked the cake to the coffee which is made the Tiramisu supper runny and soggy.
This is the second times I tried, and I decided to make the Tiramisu in a tea cup.

 

This is the ingredient that I used to make 2 box of 500ml and 7 cups of tiramissu.

  •  500 g Mascarpone
  •  5 eggs yolk
  •   ½ cup sugar 
  • 200 ml whipped cream (measure pre-whipped)
  • 1 pack of Rious Light Chesee Cake (or any type of sponge cake)
  •   1 cup of coffee (made from 4 packs instant coffee and 1 cup water)
  • Cocoa powder for dusting  
  • Rum or any coffee liqueur  
Direction
  1. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water using a whisk or handheld electric mixer until it become thick and pale yellow, takes about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove bowl from heat. 
  2. Beat in mascarpone and the liqueur until just combined.
  3. Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until it holds stiff peaks. Then fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream gently and thoroughly.
  4. Arrange the cake in the bottom of the cup then brush the surface with the coffee generously. Then cover with the mascarpone filling. Repeat the step until you fill the cup. The top of the layer must be the mascarpone filling. When finish dust with cocoa. Chill, covered, at least 6 hours.
Tips 
1. Do not soak the cake to coffee 
    The other time I don't have pastry brush, so I soak it instead. The Tiramisu end up super soggy.
2. Do not use canned whipped cream
    I don't know the right terminology, but you know the one that you spray directly from a can. It just taste not right.
3. Cover Tiramisu when chill
    When you forget to do so, you'll end up seeing your Tiramisu has creaks. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...